Inspried by Brilliant Card Makers

Have you ever had that complete lack of mojo but your inspired by other people.  I had that moment last week after seeing the lovely work of Laura Bassens.  I actually saw this card via You Tube on Laura's channel.  I completely copied this card, I must admit I thought I changed it a little when I made it, but now I'm looking at it and other than adding sequins.. its the same!  They do say imitation is flattery right.  I think I am going to do a regular inspired by post, but hopefully I won't be completely imitating ideas in the future... more taking and idea and using it in a different way.

I have to say I LOVE the technique of laying dies, I really makes the die an element instead of it looking like something thrown on a card.


My second card was along the same theme but my Happy die cut was cut on my electric die cutter machine and I couldn't get a nice enough cut to layer up the dies.  I prefer the white version.


The balloon template was cut on my electric die cutting machine, I used heavy plastic to create a stencil.  I have since purchased some MFT balloon dies and will make a new stencil when they arrive.  Im not sure why I bought the dies, they just landed in my cart, which is so silly since my cutters can create these things really easily!


Thanks for visiting today





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.