In Remembrance xx

I had the absolute pleasure of nursing a lovely lady who never failed to make me smile, she passed suddenly last week when I was at craft camp, and the whole time I was away I was thinking of her.   I am so grateful that I had a good chat to her on Tuesday, we laughed and made jokes and discussed random things while eating cake.  I know I was her nurse but I looked forward to seeing her and talking to her and I am going to miss her dreadfully.

Anyway, her funeral is on tuesday and I wanted to make a card using some of her favourite things.  Purple and roses were the first thing that came to mind.


I used the print and cut feature on my portrait  and layered the roses after adding some ink to the edges of the flowers and leaves that are from the Cherryblossom lane kit.  I added the flowers to the lovely flourished mauve paper which is subtle enough for the flowers to POP!

The sentiment was added using the Misti Tool which is my new favourite thing in my craft room, I have never been able to stamp straight before, so the fact I used three separate stamps on this card and achieved STRAIGHT stamping is a big deal.
I used Raspberry Jam Midtone Shadow Ink with my newest CTMH sentiment clear stamps for the sentiment.




Thanks for visiting today


4 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful nurse. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like a wonderful patient, and I'm sorry for her passing. Your card is really lovely, and I'm sure it will mean alot to her family. Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing the story behind the card. You are a special nurse. Thanks for participating in the Dazzling Diva Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being chosen as the winner of Dazzling Diva Challenge #67. Please email to claim your prize. Your card is also being featured on our Instagram (@addalittledazzle) and Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.